Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Hip-Hop Hater Club

D-licious has always been a hip-hop hater. Hate the rap..hate the hip hop..hate most pop..Ok.. I'll admit that I'm some-what of a music snob. Ross likes to put it this way.."If you have heard of them, then D-dicious doesn't like them". If it's mainstream...I'm likely to turn my nose up at it, as snobs are prone to do.

So you will imagine my surprise when our local public radio station (because mainstream hater refuses to listen to any other radio station) played a hip-hop song..and I completely fell in love with it!!! I RAN from my car, through the front door, straight to the computer and pulled them up on MySpace. Directly after filling my ears with this delicious new spin on the genre, whilst bouncing around in my chair, waving my arms above my head all white girl gangsta-ish...I bought their album on iTunes...and now I'm hooked. I've been playing it in my car non-stop..I'm the retard in the car next to you bobbing her head up and down and smiling like an idiot.

I'm feeling somewhat generous today, so I thought I would share them with all of you so you can fall in love with them too!! This isn't the song that made me love them, but youtube didn't have it...so click here for their MySpace page and listen to Miss Cindy.



Now THAT is the kind of jam a white girl can really groove to. And the penguin-walk dead arm swing...I'm totally stealing that move.

No comments: