Friday, October 24, 2008

Next Time...Leave It To The Professionals

And now..another act of sheer genius..brought to you by D-licious.

Background: I am possibly the most stubborn person on the planet..wait, no..that's my mom, but I come a very very close second. When I decide I'm going to do something, then by god..I will not STOP until I am done, and I will do it better than anyone else.

So, in an effort to keep the wedding budget to a minimum, I brilliantly decided that it would be a good idea, to go ahead and attempt to wax...at home..by myself....with no help...and a $10 waxing kit.

Three and a half hours, twenty six thousand eight hundred and ninety six cuss words, fifty two strips, four thousand and one grunts and yanks, and a full jar of wax later...my armpits and my bikini line (which are still not completely hairless)...look like they have been thoroughly scrubbed with industrial strength sand paper. And to top it all off, I can't put my arms down now without screaming out in pain and tears welling up in my eyes...and I had to wear my softest pair of granny panties to work.

Thank you....D-licious....fucking...genius.

1 comment:

J said...

Oh god.... I have failed you, Daniel-son for not passing on my hard-earned wisdom. My attempts at self-waxing left me looking like I participated in a chemo-therapy treatment that had gone awry....in just the pubic area. Whenever I see one of those waxing kits now, my lady-bits clench up and I slowly inch away, gradually picking up speed as I crash through the doors of the nearest salon.
But then again, sometimes you gotta learn the hard way!

Love ya, and see ya in 5 FREAKIN DAYS!!!