Friday, August 22, 2008

My Own Little Project Runway

Tayler has always been a very creative kid, and a master creator. Much to my horror, she can cut, glue, bend, break, re-arrange and mix most anything...into something...usually involving things like her brand new bed sheets (that came in a set, that match her bedspread), or my favorite summer dress, feathers and lots of cardboard boxes...and NOTHING in this world keeps her happier and more entertained. Lately, she's taken to cutting the sleeves off of all of her long-sleeve shirts and sporting them as punk rocker arm bands complete with thumb holes, apparently she pulls most of her inspiration from Avril Lavigne, which I guess is still better than either of the Spears girls, so I'll take it.

Yesterday, most likely inspired by the latest fashion exploits of her mother, Tayler decided that her one and only goal in life was to become a world-renowned fashion designer. Being the excellent and supportive mother that I am, told her "great, you create 10 outfits, and I will call everybody I know here in St. Pete, and get you in on one of the shows"..cause we all know, with Tay's adhd, the chances that this fad will last past the third outfit are slim to none, but hey, you need to encourage your kids...right? But for now..and probably to the middle of next week, she's going to eat, sleep, and breath fashion.

Here she is modeling her first creation, that mommy had to kindly explain "was great for walking down the runway or rocking out with your friends..in the privacy of your bedroom, but NOT school, or otherwise appropriate 10 year old public apparel"

....she made the skirt....thingy....and when she first appeared wearing it, it was not accompanied by the mommy-suggested obviously required leggings.


Yes...I do realize....I am in for MUCH trouble in imminent, looming, panic inducing upcoming teenage years.

Move over Coco Chanel...Tay's on the scene!


No comments: