Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vogue

I am NOT a model. I do not WANT to be a model. The only characteristics I possess that even closely resemble a model are:

1: At 5'9", I'm fairly tall
2: I can walk in a straight line..in heels

Now, I'll admit, that I may have flirted with the idea of being an international super model when I was younger (like 9), but those fantasies were quickly dashed when at 17 I found myself pregnant, and thereafter stretch-marked and saggy in places where real models are smooth and perky (or mostly just flat).

Anyhow. Being that I am naturally drawn to unstable people, and unstable people tend to be artistic, I have met quite a few people in the "art industry" here in Florida. Somehow, I got caught up in doing fashion shows for local designers and artists.

I got a kick out of it at first (I am after-all an attention whore), but quickly caught on that spending up to 10 hours per show, surrounded by "like, Oh..my..god" 18 to twenty-somethings, while acting as a slave to somebody else's art...for free, just isn't my cup of tea. So I "retired", from something I was never paid to do, that in all honesty, I had no business doing in the first place.

Now that I've rambled on about that... last week, one of my very talented artist friends called me in a panic after he fired one of his models, begging me to step in. At first I tried to get out of it, and then being the sucker that I am, started to feel bad, and finally agreed to do the show. I will say though, if I am going to do any show for any artist, it would be Wearable Art walking for Frank Strunk. I actually had a really fun time. Tay and Ross came to cheer me on. Ross gave Tay the camera in order to keep her occupied, so here is me on the runway...shot by Tay.















Here I am in all my radical 80's hair and camel toe glory, in metal lingerie by Frank Strunk III...shot by Tampa Bay Muse




















In other, more interesting, weekly update news...School got off to a late start, due to the imminent threat that was the big bad hurricane Fay. That never did get to hurricane status, and didn't even come anywhere near us, but still managed to induce panic in the Florida senile masses. So school started today instead. Tay is now a 5th grader, which is ironic, because I gave birth to her, like, yesterday. Here she is...





Please ignore the dead grass in the background, as Ross and I are very environmentally conscious people, and do not water in order to save the environment. (haha)

No comments: